I have now started my job search in earnest and it is a bit of a roller-coaster ride to be honest. I am looking in both the public and private sector, and the public sector is as slow as the private sector can be quick.
On Friday I was due to go to a 2nd interview for a job at a Housing Trust. On Thursday I got a call to postpone the interview due to some crisis. (Still don’t know what that was all about). But then on Friday morning I get a call from another agent, Sue. I had gone to see a client of Sue’s about 3 weeks ago who wanted me to help them with some Financial Modelling for just 2 weeks. I didn’t have the availability then as I still had a few days left at High Peak. This client had rung her and told her that they wanted to offer me a full-time job.
I had to change out of my scruffs and into a suit in a flash to go and see the MD of the company. But it had all happened so quickly, I didn’t really know what to expect.
Good news is: the interview went very well, and I was offered the job – if I wanted it. The bad news is, I think I still prefer the job at the Housing Trust, but now I won’t know for more than 2 weeks whether I will be offered that job. I also have a few other interviews set up in 2 weeks’ time. Decisions, decisions.
I preferred it when I was still at school and under the charge of my parents. They would just tell me what to do, and I would do it. I have tried to get Tim to make my decision for me, (so I have someone to blame if it all goes pear-shaped! ha-ha) but refuses and wants me to be a grown up and make my own mind up. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Life was so much simpler when I was only little …
So, next week is going to be a week of decisions. I am still waiting for some answers to a few questions, then I should have all the information I need to make a decision. Wish me luck.